Thank you for submitting your application for Public Housing. Now that your application is submitted, here are some helpful tips:
- Unless we contact you, there is nothing else for you to do at this time.
- Our average wait time for waitlist applicants, can range from 1-3 years.
- While waiting, your position may change as we receive new applications and/or process applicants. This is NORMAL.
- You may check your status at anytime by visiting sarasotahousing.org/wlStatus
- Please make sure you maintain a current mailing address and contact information.
The following preference points are available upon request should you qualify:
1. A Pathway to a Better Life: 10 points (Only available to selected applicants)
2. 12 (twelve) Months of Verified Employment Preference: 6 points (proof of employment verification required)
3. Sarasota County Resident: 4 points
4. Pre-admission Training Program: 3 points
5. Preference for those who have not resided in HUD subsidized housing within the past 2 years: 3 points
6. Possess a High School diploma or G.E.D.: 2 points
7. Military veterans: 2 points
We will contact you as you near the top of the wait list. If you are in need of immediate assistance, please contact United Way 211 for financial assistance and Salvation Army for shelter needs.
Purge: We are currently purging our waitlist. Please complete and return the purge forms sent to you. The deadline for all purge forms is on or by 5/31/17. If you have not received a purge form, please contact us at (941)361-6210 x 250 to request a copy.