Sarasota Housing Authority
The Sarasota Housing Authority (SHA) cares about the wellbeing of our residents, staff and partners and to help protect their health and to combat the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), SHA has closed it’s rental offices, HCV office, Resident Services Office and the Administration Office to the public until further notice. SHA continues working diligently to ensure that we provide essential services while following the CDC, Federal Government and the State of Florida’s directives to limit any exposure to COVID-19.
SHA’s Public Housing rental offices, HCV office and Administrative offices are staffed with employees to continue to serve you and help with your needs. We are communicating by phone, email, mail, fax and drop boxes. Our employees are conducting limited business hours from 8:00-1:00 Monday thru Thursday.SHA will be focusing on Immediate Needs Only for all programs:
- Housing Choice Voucher and Public Housing programs will be focusing on Interim Recertification for rent reduction to due COVID-19.
- Move Ins and Move In Inspections
- Emergency Work Orders for all Public Housing, NSP Housing and Market Developments
Below is a list of contact and program information to help you stay connected with SHA and in the know regarding currently changing federal regulations:
Public Housing, Senior Housing, NSP and Market Development:
- Bertha Mitchell, The Courts, King Stone, Diamond Oak, Flint River, The Homes
- Contact Information:
- The Annex and McCown Tower
- Contact Information:
Housing Choice Voucher Program Participants, Applicants, and Property Owners/Landlords:
- The Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) team continues to offer support and essential services to all HCVP participants, applicants and property owners.
- If you are a participant whose employment status has been negatively impacted by COVID-19, please provide us your notice of layoff, decrease in pay, etc. notice.
- Property Owners/Landlords please be advised that the Federal Government still has a moratorium on evictions for nonpayment of rent.
- You may drop off documents at our office 269 S. Osprey Avenue, by using the drop box in our lobby door. You can also fax documents to us at (941) 366-4661 or e-mail them to your caseworker. All contact information for HCV caseworkers is included below:
- HCV Director, Yani Rosado, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 361-6210, ext. 226
- HCV Assistant Director, Nickol Ramirez, email@example.com, (941) 361-6210 ext. 195
- HCV Manager, Brian Croke, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 361-6210, ext. 230
- Housing Specialist, Andrea Brown, email@example.com, (941) 361-6210, ext. 227
- Housing Specialist, Gail Vestrand, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 361-6210, ext. 239
- Housing Specialist, Elaine Wickwire, email@example.com, (941) 361-6210, ext. 266
- Landlord Liaison, Kathleen Byrne, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 361-6210, ext. 262
- Inspector, Fred Smith, email@example.com
- Receptionist, Christina Balls, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 361-6210, ext. 232
Important Resources for Residents and Participants of our agency
- Unemployment Benefits: If you have experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19 layoffs, then we urge you to apply for Unemployment Benefits. You can apply by doing one of the following.
- To file a UI claim online:https://connect.myflorida.com/Claimant/Core/Login.ASPX
- To file a claim by telephone number: 1-800-204-2418
- CDC Website: For further information on the COVID-19 virus and how you can protect yourself, go to this link https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Administration Office & Mailing Address:
269 S. Osprey Avenue, Suite 100
Sarasota, FL 34236
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday 8:30 to 5:00
Friday 8:30 to 12:00
Main Phone Number: (941) 361-6210