Orange Avenue, The Courts and Bertha Mitchell (OCB)
1912 N Orange Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34234
Located in Historic Newtown Sarasota, OCB consists of three distinct properties:
- Orange Avenue Apartments – Once known as Newtown Homes, these 60 apartments are colored blue, salmon and tan, and are home to OCB’s only two-floor apartments.
- The Courts – 100 duplex-style apartments, many with off-street parking at your front door.
- Bertha Mitchell – 100 duplex-style apartments, many with off street parking; new kitchens, new central air conditioning, new energy efficient windows and exterior doors.
- Full-time, on-site resident services staff facilitate getting residents training and education, and completing volunteer community service hour requirements.
- Orange Avenue Grocery, a community convenience store, is on-site.
- Publix super-market less than one mile away, directly on a bus route.
- Bus stops on-site, directly in front of the Housing Authority office.
- Serviced by SCAT Routes 7 and 8 (Click for Schedules and Maps)
More Information frmo City-Data
Map This Location
- Distance to gulf beaches: 9 miles
- Zip code population: 16,387
- Number of units in this property: 260, sized 1 to 5 bedrooms.
- Average Age: 40.7 years (FL Average 40.5 years)
- Cost of living index: 88.5 (Below U.S. average of 100)
- Percentage of zip code residents living and working in this county: 81.5%
- North Sarasota Public Library is just a short bus trip away (1.3 miles)
You may contact our property offices for questions:
Orange Avenue Property Office
Tel: (941) 361-6210 x250