1300 Blvd of the Arts
Sarasota, FL 34236
Located near beautiful downtown Sarasota, this is the perfect place to call home.
Our two distinct high rises provide one bedroom apartments for low-income and disabled persons. Apartments are fully equipped with newly renovated full kitchens and bathrooms, highly efficient air conditioning, and a private balcony. And the views are spectacular!
Join the community for events on site with family and friends. Come join us for a movie night, a barbecue, or play bingo. Ask our Resident Service Coordinator what events are available off-site such as theater tickets, sporting events, or trips to local fairs and festivals.
- Main Street shopping and dining
- The Historic Rosemary District
- Selby Library
- St. Armand’s Circle and Lido Beach
- Grocery shopping – Publix, Whole Foods
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Center, Players Theatre, and the Florida Theater Studio
- Marina Jacks
More Information from City-Data
Map This Location
- Handicap accessible units
- Utilities included (Electricity and Water)
- Pet Friendly (20 lbs or less)
- Bus access
- Controlled facility access
- Security guard and video surveillance
- Laundry facilities
- Community garden
- Non-Smoking Facility w/ designated smoking areas
- Computer Lab
- 24/7 Emergency On-Call Maintenance
Orange Avenue, The Courts and Bertha Mitchell (OCB)
1912 N Orange Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34234
Located in Historic Newtown Sarasota, OCB consists of three distinct properties:
- Orange Avenue Apartments – Once known as Newtown Homes, these 60 apartments are colored blue, salmon and tan, and are home to OCB’s only two-floor apartments.
- The Courts – 100 duplex-style apartments, many with off-street parking at your front door.
- Bertha Mitchell – 100 duplex-style apartments, many with off street parking; new kitchens, new central air conditioning, new energy efficient windows and exterior doors.
- Full-time, on-site resident services staff facilitate getting residents training and education, and completing volunteer community service hour requirements.
- Orange Avenue Grocery, a community convenience store, is on-site.
- Publix super-market less than one mile away, directly on a bus route.
- Bus stops on-site, directly in front of the Housing Authority office.
- Serviced by SCAT Routes 7 and 8 (Click for Schedules and Maps)
More Information frmo City-Data
Map This Location
- Distance to gulf beaches: 9 miles
- Zip code population: 16,387
- Number of units in this property: 260, sized 1 to 5 bedrooms.
- Average Age: 40.7 years (FL Average 40.5 years)
- Cost of living index: 88.5 (Below U.S. average of 100)
- Percentage of zip code residents living and working in this county: 81.5%
- North Sarasota Public Library is just a short bus trip away (1.3 miles)
You may contact our property offices for questions:
Orange Avenue Property Office
Tel: (941) 361-6210 x250
McCown Towers/Annex Property Office (Elderly/Disabled Only)
Tel: (941) 361-6210 x242