Sarasota Housing Authority
The Sarasota Housing Authority (SHA) cares about the wellbeing of our residents, staff and partners and to help protect their health and to combat the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), SHA continues working diligently to ensure that we provide essential services while following guidelines and common sense to limit any exposure to COVID-19.
SHA’s Public Housing rental offices, HCV office and Administrative offices are staffed with employees to continue to serve you and help with your needs. In addition to scheduling appointments, we are communicating by phone, email, mail, fax and drop boxes.
SHA maintenance mechanics will not perform work inside occupied units with residents present in the same room or area. Residents will need to go outside their unit or go into another room and close the door to avoid the risk of contracting the disease.
Housing Choice Voucher inspections will also require that our inspector be accompanied by any other person in the unit during the inspection.
Please understand that SHA is taking these protective measures to protect our residents and our employees.
Below is a list of contact and program information to help you stay connected with SHA and in the know regarding currently changing federal regulations:Public Housing, Senior Housing, NSP and Market Development:
- Bertha Mitchell, The Courts, King Stone, Diamond Oak, Flint River, Single Family Homes
- Contact Information:
- McCown Tower and The Annex
- Contact Information:
- The Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) team continues to offer support and essential services to all HCVP participants, applicants and property owners.
- If you are a participant whose employment status has been negatively impacted by COVID-19, please provide us your notice of layoff, decrease in pay, etc. notice
- Property Owners/Landlords please be advised that the Federal Government still has a moratorium on evictions for nonpayment of rent.
- You may drop off documents at our office 269 S. Osprey Avenue, by using the drop box in our lobby door (M-Th, 7:30 am – 5:00 pm, Closed: Fridays). You can also fax documents to us at (941) 366-4661 or e-mail them to your caseworker. All contact information for HCV caseworkers is included below:
- HCV Director, Yani Rosado, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 361-6210, ext. 226
- HCV Assistant Director, Nickol Ramirez, email@example.com, (941) 361-6210 ext. 195
- Housing Specialist, Andrea Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 361-6210, ext. 227
- Housing Specialist, Gail Vestrand, email@example.com, (941) 361-6210, ext. 239
- Housing Specialist, Elaine Wickwire, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 361-6210, ext. 266
- Housing Specialist, Susan Brunke, email@example.com, (941) 361-6210, ext. 196
- Housing Specialist/Inspector, Ivey Shelley, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 361-6210, ext. 198
- Landlord Liaison, Kathleen Byrne, email@example.com, (941) 361-6210, ext. 262
- Landlord Liaison, Lori Benton, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 361-6210, ext. 267
- Inspector, Fred Smith, email@example.com
- Receptionist, Christina Balls, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 361-6210, ext. 232
- Unemployment Benefits: If you have experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19 layoffs, then we urge you to apply for Unemployment Benefits. You can apply by doing one of the following
- To file an unemployment claim online: https://connect.myflorida.com/Claimant/Core/Login.ASPX
- To file a claim by telephone number: 1-800-204-2418
- CDC Website: For further information on the COVID-19 virus and how you can protect yourself, go to this link https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Administration Office & Mailing Address:
269 S. Osprey Avenue, Suite 100
Sarasota, FL 34236
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday 8:30 to 5:00
Friday 8:30 to 12:00
Main Phone Number: (941) 361-6210